10/19/20: The National Association of Homebuilders announced today that its Housing Market Index, which is based on recent sales of new homes, homebuilders’ expectations for sales over the ensuing six months, and the recent interests expressed by prospective...read more
Daily Market Briefing
U.S. Stocks to Likely Move Higher Over the Next Few Days in Response to Positive Readings on Economic Indicators
October 19, 2020: (7:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time): The near-term outlook for U.S. stock prices worsened considerably today after Democratic and Republican members of the U.S. House of Representatives did not reach an agreement regarding an additional economic relief package for Americans. Looking forward, we at Frazier, Browne and Mayer, LLC, the provider of AdvisorsMonitor.com, expect stocks to trade in a volatile sideways range throughout the remainder of this week, as well as over the next several weeks, due, primarily, to uncertainties regarding the outcomes of the November 3 U.S. elections. Yet, we're continuing at this time to advise persons who subscribe to our financial market research and advisory journals to allocate a large portion of their financial market assets to equity securities, but to be prepared to reduce their allocations to stocks in the event that Joe Biden were elected as the next U.S. President due to his socialistic government proposals.
October 13-19, 2020
- National Association of Homebuilders' Housing Market Index rose for sixth consecutive month during first half of October, but at the slowest rate in the past five months
- Manufacturing activity to likely continue to increase in both the Philadelphia area and the New York area during full month of October, but to slow somewhat in the New York Area, as compared to the prior monht
- U.S. small business owners became most optimistic during September since February of this year regarding near-term future direction of the U.S. economy
U.S. Economic Developments
U.S. Political Developments
President Trump Signed Executive Order to Protect Americans’ Wages and Working Conditions from Adverse Effects Caused by H-1B Visas
08/03/20: President Trump signed an Executive Order today instructing the U.S. Secretaries of Labor and Homeland Security to take appropriate action, within 45 days, to protect Americans from any adverse effects on their wages and working conditions caused by the...read more
07/24/20: American Express (AXP) reported that its income before income taxes declined by 72% on a 33.9% decrease in the company’s non-interest revenues, a 9.2% decrease in its net interest revenues and a 29.2% decrease in its operating expenses for the three months...read more
International Economic Developments
09/29/20: The European Commission reported today that its September surveys of Eurozone business executives and Eurozone households indicates that the overall business climate in the Eurozone, and the economic sentiment of individuals who reside in the Eurozone,...read more
International Political Developments
02/26/20: The World Health Organization (“WHO”) reported today that approximately 81,109 people worldwide have now been infected with the coronavirus and that approximately 2,760 people worldwide have died from the disease, with 98% of those deaths occurring in China....read more
Company and Stock News
- Qualcomm (QCOM) announced today the launching of its new smartphone charging device, the Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 5, which the company stated is the world’s fastest commercial charging technology for Android devices.
- Group plc (CNWGY) announced that it will begin to re-open its U.S. Regal Cinema theaters on August 21.
- Roadrunner Transportation (RRTS) announced that it intends to effectuate a spin-off of its Ascent Global Logistics via a stock dividend to the company’s stockholders.
- Keysight Technologies (KEYS) announced that it’s collaborating with IPG Automotive and Nordsys to design and develop a modular test platform that the companies expect to accelerate the validation of advanced driver-assistance systems (“ADAS”) and functions for autonomous driving.
Stock of Week
Mimecast Limited (MIME)
Mimecast Limited (MIME) is a global provider of cloud-based cyber-attack protection applications for business email, which is the number-one threat to businesses regarding their computer-based data. The company's customers include Barracuda Networks, Alphabet, Microsoft and Symantec Corporation. According to Mimecast’s management, none of the company’s competitors offer the fully-unified and integrated email protection application that it provides.
|Composite Fundamental Rating||Product||Sales & EPS Growth (Qtrly)||Profit Margins||Financial Liquidity||Long-term Debt||Institution Buys to Sells|
Investors Monitor 20™
|Company Name||Ticker||Industry||Composite Rating||Investors Monitor Grade|
|Product||Sales & EPS Growth||Profit Margins||Financial Liquidity||Long-term Debt||Institution Buys to Sells|
|Alarm.Com Holdings||ALRM||Home Security||B-||A||B||C||A+||C||B|
|Applied Optoelectronics||AAOI||Fiber Optics||A-||A+||A+||B+||A+||A+||B+|
|Arista Networks||ANET||Network Apps||A+||A||A+||A||A+||A+||A|
|Control4 Corporation||CTRL||Home Devices||B-||A||C||C||A+||A+||A|
|Floor & Décor Holdings||FND||Home Flooring||B-||A||A+||C||B-||C-||B+|
|Malibu Boats||MBUU||Boat Mfg.||C+||A||C||B-||B-||C-||D|
|Masimo Corp||MASI||Medical Devices||A-||A||B||A||A+||A+||B|
|Momo Inc.||MOMO||Social Media||A+||A||A+||A+||A+||A+||D|
|Ollie's Bargain Outlet||OLLI||Discount Stores||B+||B+||A||B+||A+||A||C+|
|SolarEdge Technologies||SEDG||Solar Panels||A+||A||A||A||A+||A||A|
|The Trade Desk||TTD||Advertising||B+||A||A||C+||A+||A+||B|
|Weibo Corporation||WB||Social Media||A+||A||A+||A-||A+||A+||A|
|Winnebago Industries||WGO||RV Mfg.||C-||A||C||C||C+||D||C|